Monday, June 4, 2012

The Genographic Project, part 3

Results are in! Results are in!

I still don't quite understand what they mean -- the website gives really good explanations of the migratory patterns, and nifty stories about what your ancestors' lives would have been like, including their tools, crafts, and the climate -- but boy, the maps seem impressive :)

mom's side
dad's side


























I'll have to return to the site again to re-read all of the fancy scientific explanations about DNA testing, the different mutations, the genomes, etc., and I'll also print all of the results. But maps! I understand maps! They're exciting! (And I knew something must be up when I logged in to see the progress of my testing, and instead of going automatically to the progress page, I had to Agree to Terms again. But I've already done this -- why are you making me do it again? Ah, because there are maps!)

And like a good, and appreciative, little girl, I've already answered their anonymous survey to add my results to the grand project.

No comments:

Post a Comment